Directed audio innovator originates new business prospects resulting in specific opportunities to deploy sound with digital signage.
HENDERSON, NEVADA, March 1, 2011 Parametric Sound Corporation (OTCBB: PAMT) a leading innovator of directed audio products and solutions, announced that it originated significant new business opportunities as a direct result of exhibiting its HSS-III product line at Digital Signage Expo 2011 last week.
“We were very encouraged by the response from hardware suppliers, content and application developers, integrators, installers and end users of digital signage solutions,” said Elwood G. Norris, President and CEO. “We are more convinced now that our timing is opportune and that our product performance and pricing offer a compelling solution in the rapidly growing digital signage space.”
The Company gleaned important data points through participation at DSE 2011, including:
- The market for digital signage and digital-out-of-home applications is growing rapidly worldwide driven by major companies that have entered this space.
- There has been a dramatic shift in digital signage deployments moving from small pilots to larger-scale deployments as content and application technologies are being proven.
- While audio is an important part of many digital signage content delivery strategies, to date issues with sound clutter, employee displeasure and other limitations have constrained the use of audio to a small percentage of applications.
- Attendees stated a desire and need for audio in many more deployments in this growing market.
- A directed audio solution that places sound where needed without disturbing employees and other patrons is highly desirable.
- Appreciation that HSS-III is a dramatic improvement over prior HSS generations and offers an economical alternative to competitive solutions that have been deployed with limited success.
- Industry professionals confirm that sound makes digital signage offerings more effective.
“Immediately after the show, we commenced developing collaborations on a number of specific deployment programs, that along with HSS customers and partners inherited from our spin-off, provides the start of a strong opportunity pipeline,” added Norris. “While we face the risks of any product introduction, we look forward to initial sales of our directed audio solutions early this summer.”
About Parametric Sound Corporation
Parametric Sound Corporation is an innovator of directed audio solutions employing a tightly focused directional beam of sound to target a specific listening area to communicate without the ambient noise of traditional speakers. A substantial body of intellectual property and an established customer base were inherited from a spin-off completed in September 2010. Important new technology has resulted in an improved third generation HyperSonic® sound product line (HSS®-III directed audio) with HSS-3000 product models recently introduced to market. Recent technology improvements produce a distinctive 3D audio image from just two stereo HSS-III emitters opening opportunities for 3D sound solutions for computers and entertainment. For more information about the Company and its products, please visit: www.parametricsound.com.
Cautionary note on forward-looking statements
This press release includes forward-looking information and statements. Except for historical information contained in this release, statements in this release, including those by Mr. Pratt, may constitute forward-looking statements regarding our assumptions, projections, expectations, targets, intentions or beliefs about future events that are based on management’s belief, as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, management. While the Company believes that its expectations are based upon reasonable assumptions, there can be no assurances that the Company’s goals and strategy will be realized. Numerous factors, including risks and uncertainties, may affect the Company’s actual results and may cause results to differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements made by or on behalf of the Company. Some of these factors include the acceptance of new products, the impact of competitive products and pricing, the timely development and release of products by the Company, general business and economic conditions, and other factors detailed in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K and other periodic reports filed with the SEC. Parametric Sound Corporation specifically disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.